We've been delivering innovative, sustainable logistics to the world’s leading manufacturers for more than 100 years. But it's a world in motion. Climate change, energy transition, digitisation and technology disruption are rapidly creating new expectations of our industry. And we couldn’t be more excited! By thinking boldly and acting more sustainably, we're future-proofing our business while creating long term value for all our stakeholders.
Our sustainability priorities
Guided by a materiality approach, our sustainability efforts are focused on 4 priorities:
- Valuing our people's wellbeing and diversity
- Being a trusted business partner
- Protecting life below water
- Navigating to zero emissions
Our Sustainability Strategy
Our Lean:Green sustainability strategy is built on our belief that what is sustainable and what is economical can and must be the same thing. More than 100 years of experience has taught us that striving for what is both economic and sustainable will produce the best long-term results for people, profits and the planet.
- Drive progress through initiatives that are both lean and green
- Focus on high impact changes, for people and the environment
- Advocate for environmentally sound regulations
- Find and fund 'Lean:Green' technologies and sustainable solutions
- Embrace transparency; be visible and be credible
- Leverage our sustainability expertise for commercial value
Transparency in Wallenius Wilhelmsen's sustainability effort and performance is essential to promote good relationships with the company's stakeholders and meet their evolving expectations.
Measuring & Reporting on Our Performance
Transparency into our sustainability efforts and performance is essential to promote good relationships with our stakeholders and meet their evolving expectations. To promote accountability and trust, we publish an annual Sustainability Report disclosing our performance and perspectives on material Environmental, Social and Governance (ES&G) topics.
- We believe in being open, transparent and communicating regularly with our stakeholders.
- Our ES&G reporting is aligned with GRI standards and integrated into our Annual Report.
- We participate in Drive Sustainability together with our customers to standardize ES&G reporting and improve the social, ethical and environmental performance of automotive supply chains.