We've been delivering innovative, sustainable logistics to the world’s leading manufacturers for more than 100 years. But it's a world in motion. Climate change, energy transition, digitisation and technology disruption are rapidly creating new expectations of our industry. And we couldn’t be more excited! By thinking boldly and acting more sustainably, we're future-proofing our business while creating long term value for all our stakeholders.
Sustainable business practices go hand in hand with ﬁnancial performance of the company – these are not ‘either or’ matters for us – it’s both.
President and CEO, Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Collaborating for a more sustainable industry
Trident Alliance for Low Sulfur Fuel Compliance
Can responsible shipping companies help ensure the success of IMO's new low sulphur rules?
Sustainability is at the core of how we work, and in a world that is environmentally aware it will be a driver of our business development, too. That's why we take a Lean: Green approach to drive the best outcomes for people, our business and the planet.
Vice President, Global Sustainability at Walllenius Wilhelmsen
6 pillars of our Lean:Green sustainability strategy
- Drive progress through initiatives that are both lean and green
- Focus on high impact changes, for people and the environment
- Advocate for environmentally sound regulations
- Find and fund 'Lean:Green' technologies and sustainable solutions
- Embrace transparency; be visible and be credible
- Leverage our sustainability expertise for commercial value
Experts debate sustainability and demo tech products onboard Traviata
Transparency in Wallenius Wilhelmsen's sustainability effort and performance is essential to promote good relationships with the company's stakeholders and meet their evolving expectations.
Measuring & reporting on our performance
- We believe in being open, transparent and communicating regularly with our stakeholders.
- To promote accountability and trust, we publish our performance and perspectives on key Environmental, Social and Governance (ES&G) topics annually.
- Our ES&G reporting is aligned with GRI standards and integrated into our Annual Report.
- We participate in Drive Sustainability together with our customers to standardize ES&G reporting and improve the social, ethical and environmental performance of automotive supply chains.