Wallenius Wilhelmsen wins supply chain award with largest logistics customer
Nissan, our biggest customer for land-based logistics, has awarded us the 2022 Nissan North America Finished Vehicle Logistics Partner of the Year for the U.S. Market.
In a speech, Kurt Watson from Purchasing Logistics at Nissan said we were selected for offering an excellent service in a very challenging environment.
“The leadership by your team during these challenging times has been at a benchmark performance. Thanks again for being such a strong partner with Nissan. We look forward to another strong year from your team!” he said.
He noted several examples of this outstanding performance during the speech, including:
- Strong collaboration with our carriers to make the best of a very difficult situation within the global supply chain network.
- Managed to support our plants during very unpredictable production output due to part and labor shortages.
- Managed to support our ports even though the production volume and vessel consistency was very volatile.
- Best carrier performance for vessel arrival accuracy for Mexico to U.S. short sea
- Supported the additional port of Brunswick to allow for an increase in vessel capacity
- Led strong operations and provided excellent communications on late month vessels critical to meeting our objectives.